Wednesday, June 4, 2008

trust. move. love.

i spent the majority of the day yesterday at the hospital visiting my grandfather (better known as Papa and that's PAA-PAA not PAW-PA). he's doing much better. thanks for the prayers and support. he got the tube taken out and he is breathing basically on his own with a little help from an oxygen mask when he needs it. the main difficulty was getting the CO2 out of system. he is still struggling a bit to do that so please continue to pray.

it seems like for the past 2 months or so God has really been placing this idea of the burden on my life and purpose of my life both on my heart. i know i have a burden to bring the youth of america to know christ and change their generation but God is birthing something huge inside of me. i feel he is placing this burden for the poor and the oppressed in my heart but i feel as though i don't put myself in enough situations to encounter those people. there are so many opportunities to invest in the lives of those who are less fortunate that us but i feel like we overlook so many of those opportunities. i don't want to let those opportunities pass by anymore.

Mother Teresa once said, "It is very fashionable to talk about the poor. Unfortunately, it is not fashionable to talk with them." the burden is there in my heart. opportunities are all around. The Spirit of the Lord is here to guide me along the way. all i have to do is trust, move and love.

No comments: