this idea of a tribe that seth godin has introduced NSM to has made us rethink leadership. i just finished the book and it had some nuggets that were really worth the read.
- "heretics are the new leaders."
- "...faith is demonstrated by the actions you take."
- "being charismatic doesn't make you a leader. being a leader makes you charismatic." (my guess is this is kevin harris' favorite line in the book)
- "the only thing that makes people and organizations great is their willingness to be not great along the way."
- "change is made by people, by leaders who are proud to be called heretics because their faith is never in question."
this book transformed the way i think about leadership. on the last page, seth challenges the reader to share the book with someone else if you got anything from the book. a few of you may be getting a copy from yours truly for Christmas.