Sunday, October 19, 2008

God, ruin me?

i heard a message a couple of weeks ago in atlanta and it is still working on me. the realness, truth and authenticity sparked something in me. it is continuing to resonate in my heart and my mind, and is still challenging me. there were 3 points that craig groeschel made in his talk, for God to: heal me, stretch me and ruin me. i believe that God had me hear that message for a reason. it did something to all the other 12,000 pastors and church workers at the conference as well. this past week i have been praying over what that talk is still doing in my life. i want to be healed by God when i am hurt and i want to be stretched by God to follow after Him more. the real question is: do i want to give my life fully to God to the point where i pray for Him to ruin me so i can take my pride out of the equation and He can glorified through my life?

we hold on to our own lives so tightly sometimes. i pray that God would continue to work this Scripture through me: "for whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it." Matthew 16:25

No comments: